Google Search

Google
 

Monday, April 14, 2008

gOS: A different kind of OS


For those of you out there who enjoy the open source ride, while not needing to know in depth Linux commands, gOS may be right up your alley.

The gOS, which either stands for 'green OS' or 'Google OS', is a user friendly Linux distro designed to be used on UMPCs and cheaper computers. It comes in three flavors: Space, Rocket G and Rocket E.

I am not sure what the difference between the distros is, but I am assuming it is mainly cosmetic. The "Space" version seems to be designed with MySpace users in mind.

The OS is free for download and can be used as a Live CD / DVD once burned to media. I am trying to download the Space version, I will write a review if and when I can!

gOS site link

No comments:

Make Money to Blog!