Google Search

Google
 

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Asus Eee PC 900 Hits U.S. May 12 for $549



According to the Gizmodo site, the Asus Eee 900 will hit stores in the US soon after the May Asian release. This is listed as a rumor, or speculation though.

The price is also rumored to be around $549 or so. I am of the mindset that unless you cannot use a Vista or XP based machine, then why would you drop over $500 on a machine that still runs a Celeron processor, when you can get one from Best Buy with a Intel Dual Core processor for around $429?

Obviously this is far cheaper than almost all (if not all) Macs, but that is still a bit much for an under performing device, cost wise.

I would gladly, if I had it, drop $250 - $300 on a 4GB or maybe 8GB Asus Eee model, but over $500 is stretching my faith a little. Maybe it is just me.

No comments:

Make Money to Blog!