Google Search

Google
 

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Toshiba's New Netbook



According to a post on Gizmodo, Toshiba is entering the Netbook, or UMPC, market. The specs look decent, and the price tag is comparable to every body else's, around $500, but to me, that's not the issue.

If one were to look at the name of the post itself, "Toshiba Releases Their Obligatory Netbook", one would see the word obligatory. This word seems to reference that they  must sell one of these Netbooks'.

That in itself is my issue. Why must every computer company sell the same hardware at the same price in the same market? If I was designing a netbook, it would be quite a bit different in hardware specs and price compared to the ones being sold now, which are nothing more than glorified laptops.

Anyone who has read my earlier posts on how Netbooks are just cheap laptops knows where I am coming from. For those who don't, search the blog and it'll give you a better idea. If you still don't follow, ask me!


No comments:

Make Money to Blog!