Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, September 21, 2008

More I'm A PC Commercial Goodness

On Sunday, I finally saw one of the new Microsoft "I'm a PC" ads. Actually I saw two. I was impressed with the simplistic "everyone in the commercial is a PC, because they use PCs'" storyline. 


The fact that they did not try and mimic the Apple ads entirely is a good tribute to the ability for the Microsoft folks to do something at least partially original. I also liked the fact that the first person you see is the Microsoft employee saying "I'm a PC and I am a stereotype." That was beautiful and very realistic.

The only issue I have with the approach was that one of the commercials featured Bill Gates, or B.G as one hip young gentleman referred to him as. In my mind, if you are trying to change the common view of your company, don't show or mention the previous master of the company. Although I have nothing against Bill Gates, I think that too some people he personifies Microsoft and their ills.

Again, I loved the commercials, even with B.G. And I have to say, like in the commercials...I'm a PC.

No comments:

Make Money to Blog!