Google Search

Google
 

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Microsoft's Vista "Doesn't Suck" Campaign



Although I think this picture is not a good choice for an analogy, it still makes a direct and good point: Not everyone who told you Vista sucks knows #@*! about Vista.

Gizmodo has put this article on their site and has filled it with a lot of small snide remarks like "I can think of a lot of other future installments, like "At one point, everyone thought witches walked among us" or "At one point, people thought they could turn lead into gold," or "At one point, people thought that it was a good idea to shit into ditches alongside the city streets." " [Gizmodo.com]

I have believed for many months that Vista is a good, solid OS. I know at least one person who has had his rear saved by Vista Ultimate's Shadow Copy feature. Of course, their are bound to be some bugs and issues with an OS that can span over 17GB of disk space. To believe any Mac OS release is bug free, is arrogant and ignorant (see Mac Time Machine Bugs.)

In the end, the user's, not the press or bloggers (including myself), need to decide how well Vista meets their needs. If I had the $$$ to buy a Mac, I probably would give it heavy consideration. But I don't, so I can't buy one. Of course my opinion is one sided.

Hopefully Microsoft will work hard to separate real issues and performance bugs from rumors and mere speculation in the coming weeks.

BTW, does anyone know what this means: "The campaign basically writes itself—why don't you guys give is a whirl." [Gizmodo]

No comments:

Make Money to Blog!